[code"> [/code"> Courtenay Brown: Gimme some Muscle Milk

Thursday, October 19, 2006

Gimme some Muscle Milk

Actually I don't know what gym rats use to bulk up. Maybe it's creatine. In college I remember seeing a lot of the guys walking around sipping smoothies from the smoothie bar and occasionally picking up a weight. Gold's Gym in Oakland is a little more intense and definitely filled with characters. Devon and I have been going for a month. Yesterday I took my camera, because usually we look pretty funny doing our various excercises. I was hoping some of the regular gym scenesters would accidentally be in the backgrounds but it was not to be... And I am not as bold as Sarah B. is in truck stops, where she is able to take photos of the rednecks and other funny sights without getting beat up. Me, I am not so sneaky, nor so confident!

ALSO, I am not sure what is wrong with me, but yes I am indeed posting borderline unattractive photos of myself. Maybe it's because my brother Than made me feel guilty about the, um, constipation photos I posted of him last week... Speaking of my brother who, as I mentioned before, is single: did I mention that he lives in Honolulu and is a super smart engineer and he has a motorcycle and a surfboard that we gave him? Email me if you have a potential g.f. candidate! I have been feeding him pickup lines, really good ones such as "hey you're like the desert, but hotter..." but he doesn't find them very helpful so I am adopting a new tactic. Than don't be mad, this is fun remember?

I digress. Back to the Gym. Here are the photos.

Here I am warming up, no my arms are not really that ginormous it's just the blurriness, and yes Ginny and Jen I do remember all the erg rowing lessons you gave me during first year!


Here are Devon's calves. We spend a lot of time on the calf-raise machine. It is not our favourite.


Here I am doing squats and also not-so-silently cursing at Devon who said that I had to hold still for 10 seconds so the photo would turn out OK. I said ow *#%&@ and other nice things while he kindly took the photo.


Here is Devon on the machine that usually is just for ladies who stand facing the wall, lifting the padded bar with the outside of their thighs. I don't like this one that much since I have a weird right hip and some tendon in there pops every time I do this exercise with my right leg, but Devon likes it OK.


I skipped the photos from a lot of the machines since they didn't turn out too well. After all the machines we do core circuits, which I like OK but Devon HATES, so I had a hard time snapping a photo of his warp-speed-please-let-them-be-over-with crunches. Here I am doing an ab exercise that makes me look like I am doing snow angels or something:


And finally, this one is definitely our favourite... all done!

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger elis said...

Ugh, weights! You have my sympathies.

Thanks for linking me -- I'll add you to my list. My first name only has one "L", though!

12:12 PM  
Blogger Sonya said...

The real question is.........

will your brother support a bike racer? ;) haha

12:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home