[code"> [/code"> Courtenay Brown: Off-Season means Off-Road

Sunday, October 01, 2006

Off-Season means Off-Road

Or, in Devon's case, the off season sometimes means goofing off:


On Friday we hung out at Sharp Bicycle in Lafayette and Devon put on a little show for everyone, riding a Santa Cruz Super Light around the parking lot, doing wheelies and playing a game that can sort of be described as bike soccer, where he uses the wheel to hit an object (such as a rock or an empty calistoga bottle) into a goal (such as the space between someone's moving front and rear wheels, or into matt's lap, or into the bike shop).

Then the Lafayette Police came because someone from the 24-hour Kinko's next door called in about a bunch of "kids" making trouble at the bike shop. I, at 28, was the youngest one present, and everyone (except for me and Devon) was over 40. Just goes to show what happens when bike dorks start drinking. The cop laughed and left, and so did we since it was almost 11 and way past everyone's bed time...

Today we went to China Camp so I could practice riding my bike down singletrack rather than walking next to it or trying to throw it down the trail ahead of me. Here I am riding on singletrack! Funnily enough, when on my mountain bike I love climbing and dread going down hill (rocks and roots tend to jump out and bite me), whereas on the road the only reason I suffer through boring horrible climbs is so I can fly down hills. Anyway, the photo:

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home