[code"> [/code"> Courtenay Brown: Soundtrack to my life

Thursday, November 02, 2006

Soundtrack to my life

I had lunch with a friend yesterday, a friend for whom I have made mix cd's in the past. He asked for some new bands to listen to, and suggested I make an iMix. So I did. Here it is, compiled with my specific friend in mind so I left out some things, for example System of a Down's "Deer Dance" has really been resonating with me lately but it's not immediately accessible to everyone because it's too damn loud. Same with At the Drive In. I still think that Mars Volta and Sparta are weak replacements for ATDI, sometimes I really wish we could go back to the year 2000...

Anyway.

Maybe I will venture into the land of iMix's again soon, who knows - listening to Live 105 REAlly angers the DJ in me so perhaps I will channel that energy in more productive ways than just telling my radio how retarded it is for spewing out the same Offspring, Beastie Boys, and Panic! at the Disco (current least fave) songs all the time!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home