[code"> [/code"> Courtenay Brown: Captech and Simon the Ragdoll

Monday, June 05, 2006

Captech and Simon the Ragdoll

Captech Classic is this cool race in downtown Richmond. It goes up hill, then down, then back up again. I am great at going downhill but uphill is not exactly my forte... anyway I did manage to get my first ever call-up at an NRC race which was pretty awesome, apparently I am the "McGuire Danger Woman"! I did not finish this hard windy race, but Taitt did which was pretty awesome. Brenda Lyons was second, which was also awesome. Next year I will give it another go, with more attentive positioning and better preparation.

I took some action shots of the men's race while I was in the feed zone at the top of the hill, but they came out blurry and/or of the completely wrong person. It was a typically insane pro men's race to watch - lots and lots of attrition over the course of the 2+ hours.

Anyway, the absolute coolest thing about this race was our host house, which belonged to Greg, Tricia, and Simon. Here is Simon:

Here is happy Taitt with patient Simon:


Simon is a Ragdoll kitty. I want one.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home