[code"> [/code"> Courtenay Brown: Photos from the Race I Won

Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Photos from the Race I Won

Here are the promised photos from the Albany Criterium, which were taken by Tim whose website is www.servicecourseimages.com.
But before I launch into photos, I should tell what happened... Taitt and I rode over to Albany which is near Berkeley on Sunday for the annual Albany Criterium, which is on a 1k course around a nice park in Albany. We actually rode over separately, which is why Taitt got lost. On the start line she was explaining to me why it was Dan's fault, not hers - sounded legit to me.
Anyway, the race started, and we both decided early on to stay up front, thereby avoiding trouble and hopefully getting into a breakaway. Soon I was off the front with 3 others (including Jenny Eyerman from Morgan Stanley and the previous day's winner of the Watsonville Criterium, Jenny Tafoya), then we were joined by 2 more (including last year's winner Mary Elizabeth Maroon), and 2 more again (including Taitt). The 8 of us never saw the field again. We went around and around, there were some primes, early on one girl didn't understand that it's poor form to sprint a small, newly-established breakaway for an umbrella prime, which was kinda funny. With 3 to go Taitt and I were stuck together like glue, covering Mary's efforts to get away solo, then on the last lap, Taitt ramped up the pace to lead me out, I yelled "go Taitt go!", she went super fast, I bumped Mary away from my wheel, didn't let Jenny pass me on the right, and then sprinted for the win. It was very exciting. Taitt delivered a perfect leadout.
Anyway on to the photos. Me making a face:
Me with Jenny Eyerman behind me, we are both making faces:
Here is a good picture of Taitt: actually blogger REFUSES to upload this picture for some reason. Maybe it doesn't want to detract from the Courtenay Show I have here presently... I will post this photo in a separate blog.

Two laps to go. We are not looking especially cute here but still, look at the good teamwork!

The sprint (series of photos). I am in front! See the Metromint racer (blue and white polka dots, 3rd from the right) her path through this sprint is interesting:


I won (in case you forgot)!

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Christopher Smith said...

Way to win the race!

I wish I could win a race...

12:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home