[code"> [/code"> Courtenay Brown: Home

Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Home

I am home again. The plane ride back from Hawaii was amusing - in front of me was "one of THOSE women". The type who is very self centered and thus loud, self-righteous, and annoying in small spaces such as airplanes. I guess she tried to go to the bathroom in First Class, although at the beginning of the flight us coach folks were informed that we had our own bathrooms and don't even try to go to first class, anyway OOTW went up there, got sent back by the flight attendant, and then OOTW stormed back, came up with some story about how the staff shoved her, got her husband to yell at the coach flight attendants, basically got the whole staff involved, and bitched as vehemently as possible for the rest of the flight. I don't see the justice in complaining on Aloha Airlines - we got 3 beverage services, a snack, a cheeseburger meal, AND milk and cookies! Save the bitching for United or some other stingy-on-the-pretzels glorified cattle carrier... Anyway, when we got off the plane in Oakland there were uniformed policemen waiting for OOTW and her husband.

I was observing OOTW while listening to the gentleman sitting next to me talk about his family, his days in the Navy, something about GWB spending Thanksgiving in Hawaii, and the pink iPod he got his Jewish granddaughter for Christmas. He was a very sweet old man. I was surprised that he did not bring any entertainment for the 5 hour flight, then I realized he didn't want to entertain himself, he just wanted to talk to someone. Initially I felt virtuous for lending an ear, but I would be lying if I said I didn't enjoy the somewhat one-sided conversation. It's nice to have unplanned, detailed interactions with people.

Anyway, yes I am Home. A couple weeks ago I posted a photo of Home in a disastrous state. Here is Home in its current state:
For those of you who did not see my place back when it was Devon's and my place: where the sofa is, there used to be 10 bikes and 3 extra wheelsets. Where the black chair is, there used to be a big TV, big speakers, an xbox, and stereo equipment. Where the little table is, there used to be a dresser. The doors in the foreground that are open used to be closed, with a futon on the living room side and a computer desk on the bedroom side (closer side). Now I have space.

Life is good.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger jAndy donka-donk said...

Its always nice to hear that police harrasment is used for a good cause from time to time.....

2:47 PM  
Blogger Lorri Lee Lown -- velogirl said...

looks like you did a little nesting, too. I think it's a fall ritual that all women partake in.

random fact here -- women end relationships in the fall; men end relationships in the spring (or right before valentine's day).

9:24 PM  
Blogger norcalcyclingnews.com said...

that room is rather fabulous.

as was the tale of a plain ride home.

excellent.

9:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home