[code"> [/code"> Courtenay Brown: Notes from Merco

Sunday, March 04, 2007

Notes from Merco

First of all, and this has nothing to do with the races this weekend, for some annoying reason I have developed the habit of sleeping on my stomach with my face smashed into the pillow.

Results are not very attractive, or comfortable for that matter. Pugs and bulldogs are cute and everything but that's not exactly the look I am going for.

O.K. Regarding the Merco Credit Union NRC Season Openers:

-We started out the season with top-10 finishes both days. Not bad, not bad at all!

-Apparently Sharon likes to apply lip gloss on the start line. In a pinch, however, Blistex will do. She also likes to change clothes a lot of times, and she responds well to teasing. So she fits right in on this team!

-Holly wins the undeserved-bad-luck-of-the-weekend award. Both her races were cut short by other people's poor bike handling, and in both races she was riding strong and at the front. Get well soon Holly! She still had a sense of humour about it. Me: Is your bike O.K.? Holly: I hope not, I hate that thing!

-Don't get between a girl and her post-race sandwiches. I threw a temper tantrum yesterday, I fully admit it... Someone put my post-race sandwiches in the dashboard of a sealed-up car that was parked in the sun for the duration of the race. Baked roast beef, cheese, mayo, and bacteria delight. Mmm. I wasn't very happy about it. But can you blame me? Instead of my yummy sandwiches I had to bum a bar and some baby carrots off of Taitt. Not exactly what I'd had in mind after a long race.

Quote of the Weekend:

"Ooo! There's JONAS! And he's coming over to say HI!" - entire twitter-pated VAC team and staff.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Uh oh....did I say that about Jonas??? I'm so busted. -LH

7:35 PM  
Blogger Allison Krasnow said...

i heard through the grapevine that mascara was applied before the RR...i'm curious about this new secret weapon!

9:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home