[code"> [/code"> Courtenay Brown: Half Full

Sunday, February 25, 2007

Half Full

I almost posted a list of my mistakes this weekend.

I almost called this post "coulda shoulda woulda".

I thought about posting a play-by-play but the thought bored me, so if it bored me it might really bore everyone else right?

And I almost didn't blog at all.

Tired.

But then I gave myself a good round of look-at-the-big-picture and felt inspired. The Velo Promo Merced Season Opener Big To-Do Weekend was actually pretty cool. I made the break at the Snelling Road Race. The winning break. For four of 5 laps. Whoa. Last year, I don't think I even finished a road race until sometime in May, and, um, I won't mention where in the field I actually finished (although "in" might be a generous choice of words...). So starting out the season with moderately strong legs and a couple of top ten finishes is a welcome confidence booster. Here is OV's synopsis, complete with a flattering photo.

AND, Devon won the men's race at Snelling!
AND, Taitt and I got to wear matching Team-Darth-Vader outfits two days in a row (no VAC kits yet)!
AND, I got two T-shirts!
AND, we went to In-and-Out after the crit today!
AND, I got to chat with Tracie and Holly and Emily and Amber and Colin and Pat and Thea!

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger X Bunny said...

nice job on the race
and the blog post

after being so tired after our short 3 lap race, i was feeling discouraged about future road races

but seeing how much improvement you made since last year is encouraging!

7:10 AM  
Blogger Holly said...

You rode really well this weekend Courtenay! You're definitely in for a good season. You were basically the only one working to bring back the break at Merced...and you did it--even though the break was made up of some ridiculously strong girls.

Anyway, thanks for letting me share your hotel room this weekend!

8:45 AM  
Blogger norcalcyclingnews.com said...

on the rise.

8:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Courtenay - I'm so proud of you. You rode like a superstar this weekend. You learn more and more every time you race. Well done!

In and Out burgers...yum! But was it as good as our gourmet meals at training camp?

Lisa

9:53 AM  
Blogger EB said...

Nice racing! I sat behind you & Holly for a bit, hoping that I could do more than that, but the body just wasn't doing it. Obviously it didn't matter, though; you had it under control!

10:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home