[code"> [/code"> Courtenay Brown: Lancaster

Monday, June 05, 2006

Lancaster

Yesterday was the Lancaster race - a crit for me, a road race for the boys. Lancaster is part of Philly week, now referred to as the"Triple Crown", and this is the first year they have had a series of women's races. Lancaster and Thursday's race at Reading are not NRC races for us, but since Liberty Classic (on Sunday) is the biggest women's race on the NRC calendar, everyone is here for the first two races.

Anyway, the race was harder than I expected. The course was windy and there was a lot of bad pavement, plus on top of the usual pro women's teams we also had T-Mobile. I hung in there, once again had a brief front-of-the-race lap or two before returning to mid-pack, and then I finished 23rd. I am definitely consistent!

Here are some photos of me during the race, taken by my favorite race photographer ever, Devon Vigus (I still can't figure out how he gets such good pictures with my camera! I feel lucky if I get a blurry shot of his foot during his races!)
i seem to have liked racing next to this travelgirl girl... she is in both pictures!
I was in the feed zone for the boys' race. It was a lot of fun. But I need to go to bed.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home