[code"> [/code"> Courtenay Brown: Photos from Chicago and Surrounding Groves

Monday, August 28, 2006

Photos from Chicago and Surrounding Groves

Devon, Hayden, Peter, and Glenn with their $7,500 check for a PRIME! More $ than the entire women's prizelist...


After the Elk Grove weekend, Devon, Dave and I went into Chicago to be Tourists. Here we are at the Picasso sculpture downtown. Devon is admiring the sculpture, Dave is admiring something else...


After the sculpture we had pizza and went shopping and then went to look at the city from the top of the Sears Tower which was mysteriously called the John Hancock Plaza at the entry way. Then when we got to the top we saw another taller building across town... that one was the Sears Tower and we were in the wrong building! Here is Devon pointing to the real Sears Tower:


Midweek we moved from Elk Grove to Downer's Grove, where we stayed with the Doaks who were really cool. Here is Emma Doak in front of her newly "cleaned" room (close examination of the background will reveal why I used quotation marks!)


Unfortunately I did a horrible job of communicating when I was going to take photos of everyone so I don't have pictures of her brother Ian, her sister Caitlin, or her mom Breda. But I do have a shot of Caitlin's little bunny Fufu:


Here is a photo of Devon at the Doak's house playing with his bestest friend ever, his cell phone!


I don't have photos of the races at Downer's Grove because, conveniently, my memory card got full and I didn't know how to dump everything, but then I figured it out in time for the after-race shenanigans.
Here is Hayden after two dinners, one at McDonald's and one at Taco Bell, followed by a few beers:


And here I am with Devon!

The End.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home