[code"> [/code"> Courtenay Brown: Rare Words from a Real Live Teenager

Monday, April 09, 2007

Rare Words from a Real Live Teenager

My 19-year-old sister Sarah just got to New Zealand. One week ago she was in Bogota, Colombia, and in the interim week she was at home in Maryland doing a whole lot of nothing. I got lots of calls from my Mom, Sal, during this week... "Sweetie will you please call your sister and encourage her to clean her room and get organized? She is upstairs ignoring me, the little brat."

I can totally picture it...

Sal issuing orders:

Sarah being oblivious/unresponsive:


Anyway, I checked in with The Little Brat yesterday, went through the usual round of mutual teasing and her calling me a loser before we got to the real gem of the conversation.

Sarah says: Little Sal... I really miss her when I am far away!

This is becoming family one-liners week.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Goodwyf Allie said...

Love the picture of Sal!

10:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home