[code"> [/code"> Courtenay Brown: Kids?!?!

Saturday, April 07, 2007

Kids?!?!

How do you parents do it?

I just spent 4 hours at my cousin's house with her, her husband, her 2 1/2 year old, and her 1 week old.

I am exhausted.**

It was super fun, Mika and Wolfie are very cool parents and their little people are so cute, but whoa. We read, climbed in and out of chairs, nursed the baby, held the baby, went potty, put on and took off lots of clothes, made raviolis, ate raviolis, made other dinner, put a bed together, gossiped, read another book, played with rubber stamps, ate chocolates, took photos of me holding the baby to show my mom who loves babies but as yet has no grandchildren (Ma don't count on me to help you out with that), played in a swing, and discussed the many merits of being a big sister. Yikes! Left to my own devices I would have spent the evening with my feet propped up doing not much. Nevertheless, I had enough fun to want to go back later in the week, after some recovery and napping on my part...

Also: I am getting Nadja on the Team VAC bandwagon early. She's the Team Toddler/soigneur-in-training!

**(Although perhaps 4 drizzly hours in the saddle today with some Strawberry boys, a Kelly Strategist, a Health Nut, and a teammate had a small something to do with my tiredness. All of us have spent the last 6 or so weekends racing, rather than riding together, so we had more than the usual amount of shenanigans. Thankfully, however, there was less than the usual amount of bodily-function talk and innuendoed insulting.)

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Christopher Smith said...

How do you parents do it?

Honest answer: I don't know. No choice I guess.

9:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home