[code"> [/code"> Courtenay Brown: Nausea

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Nausea

Last night after dinner, my stomach gave me some very distinct f*ck-you signals. I chose to ignore said signals, figuring I would just go to bed and it would feel better in the morning. Everything feels better in the morning, right?

Um.

I woke up feeling like crap and, being a smart girl who sure does a lot of dumb things, I came into work anyway.

I got carsick on the bike shuttle. I never get carsick.

I am not hungry for breakfast. I am always starving in the mornings.

I think I am about to throw up. I haven't thrown up since the sixth grade.

Sooo, I need to --

Shit

I just sprinted to the bathroom and threw up. Ew. Sorry.

I am such an idiot. Why why why did I come into work. Now I need to summon the energy and guts (literally) to head to BART and make my way home. And of course I have my bike here which I can't take on BART for another hour and a half so do I suck it up and walk the mile to BART?? Ugh.

Moral of the Story: it is neither cowardly nor stupid to call in sick when you are sick.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Lorri Lee Lown -- velogirl said...

you're not pregnant, are you?

I hope you feel better soon!

10:23 AM  
Blogger Courtenay said...

Haha... that would be both funny and impossible.

I think.

But I am pretty 100% sure it's food poisoning!

11:27 AM  
Blogger Merkeley Bike said...

Bummer about the food bug. Getting sick like that at work is a drag!

Nice job on Saturday. We posted photos. The picture of you on the last climb is a little out of focus so I didn't post it but I would be happy to send it to you. Send me an email at maboals at yahoo dot com and I'll send you a copy.

Get well soon!

11:48 AM  
Blogger Holly said...

Ahhh I got whatever you had too, I think! I woke up at midnight on Sunday night and was running to the bathroom to throw up every two hours, like clockwork, until 10am. Luckily I stopped puking after that, but I was too weak to leave my couch or even reach for a water bottle all day! Yeah...and I didn't feel like eating either, which also NEVER happens to me....
Anyway, hope you feel better soon!!

12:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home