[code"> [/code"> Courtenay Brown: Serves Me Right

Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Serves Me Right

I had this grand plan to take a picture and post it today as a sort of cough-cough look-at-me-and-how-cool-I-am the-photo-speaks-for-itself post.

It started when I went down South Park Rd on my bike on Sunday and noted that I hit a max speed of 50.9 mph. Whoa. I never go that fast! But when I got home my powertap computer had somehow zeroed itself.

So, I planned my entire ride today in a way that would specifically send me down South Park again. This time I hit 52.6, giddily stopped at the bottom and got out my cameraphone, made sure the light was coming from the right direction, adjusted the powertap computer so there would be no glare, and then cursed like a sailor as I watched the stupid thing zero itself out again.

My precious max speed and the 8 excruciating intervals that I did beforehand were gone. Completely evaporated.

So, no photo to proudly prove that I, I who was once known to get off her bike and walk it down hills, went 52.6 miles per hour down a hill today. Sigh. You will just have to take my word for it.

AND, on top of that, this morning I peeled myself out of bed without snoozing so that I could move my car to the non-street cleaning side of the street. I just realized that I actually moved it to the don't-park-here-today side of the street, after feeling all smug that everyone else in the building apparently forgot it was street-cleaning day. I am too annoyed to go get the ticket, but I know it's there.

Smarty braggy pants over here has been brought down a couple of notches, at least for now...

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Goodwyf Allie said...

So when are you going to be stopped for speeding? (asuming that 52 is over the speed limit. . .)THAT would be COOL!

AEB

2:14 PM  
Blogger Lorri Lee Lown -- velogirl said...

ooh! I want to ride the road that lets me descend 50+. where is it?

10:19 PM  
Blogger Courtenay said...

omg lorri it's so much fun! south park goes from grizzly peak (intersects pretty close to the steam trains and el toyonal up on the ridge in berkeley/oakland) down to wildcat canyon... way faster now that it's open to all traffic, because before you had to look out for dogs and various botanical matter that collects on the road all winter. let me know when you want to come check it out!!

10:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home