[code"> [/code"> Courtenay Brown: Smartypants-es (is that the plural?)

Monday, June 18, 2007

Smartypants-es (is that the plural?)

I am en route to Nature Valley.
For some reason my laptop is out of batteries.
For some further reason my laptop charger is on the floor by the bed 1000 miles away from here.

Grr.

So smartypants #1, that's me.

For #2 we turn to my lovely little sister Scare.

Me: So, what's on the agenda for the week? You going to look for a summer job?
Scare: Goal for the week is to get a tan. Anni gave me a white dress and I need a tan to wear it.
Me: Oh.

But here is the good one:

Me: Do you have a boyfriend yet?
Scare: There are boys in Maryland?! Ha. No, my life is a boyless dismality.

(emphasis added)

How awesome is that. A boyless dismality. My newest favouritest funny thing said by another person, after unicorns and other nickname things.



O.K. that's it for now. I would make fun of Lisa and her 5 checked bags (no joke - I documented it with my camera but the photo download will have to wait for the laptop to get charged) and her other team-travel-related amusements and freakouts but (a) she is kindly letting me use her laptop for this post and (b) me teasing her on my blog means that I am suddenly the one at whom all the bold capslock imperative statements are directed in team pre-race communiques (COURTENAY IF YOU WANT YOUR OWN SPECIAL BOTTLES AT THE START THEN BLAH BLAH BLAH ETC. sort of thing) So I have decided I should minimize Lisa Teasing here. Or at least try...

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Lorri Lee Lown -- velogirl said...

I forgot my iPod charger on a 10-day trip recently. and I didn't bring my USB cable or a car charger or anything. total anxiety attacks!

Knock em dead at NVGP.

3:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home