[code"> [/code"> Courtenay Brown: Midweek Update from Family Reunion

Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Midweek Update from Family Reunion

After Mt. Hood, I took a red-eye flight from Portland to Baltimore (photo at right is from the drive to the airport). My mom picked me up from the airport, full of energy and Hi Sweetie's and advisement that we were stopping at the grocery store on the way home since we were having a party that night and guess what the good news was I was getting to stay in my own room all week instead of with my brother or sister.


Whew. Good thing I brought my running shoes, sounds like a busy week already.


Anyway it's been non-stop ever since then. Party (fun - it rained but we have a screened porch), riding bike (my mom's horse Fox digs the Serotta), neighborhood picnic (I'd bore you with the gossip, there is lots, but none of you know any of the characters), riding bike some more, discussing merits of summer employment and general personal motivation and work ethic with 19 year old sister, hanging out with aunts/uncles/cousins/siblings/mom/cats etc., and basically enjoying June in Maryland. Btw the cat in the photo is Squawkbox (or Squawky), so named because he does not shut up, but he has a ton of personality and LOVES posing for the camera. My kind of cat.



Thankfully tonight is Shakespeare night in D.C. and since my mom got the tickets before I got my ticket East and when she tried to get a ticket for me they were sold out, I have a free evening to blog and watch DVD's and take a nap or two (already took one, in which I dreamed that the Aaron's girls came over to my mom's for dinner). I fall asleep at plays anyway.

-----------------------------

Aside:

My mom has no wireless (just very slow dial-up that freaks out if you try to down- or up-load anything) so I am at the semi-local Starhole replete with drive-thru, ridiculously loud World Muzak, highway-robbery internet fee (if I didn't totally idolize Kim Anderson I would hate T-Mobile and their stupid Hot Spots), and some sort of adult religious meeting going on where grown guys are holding hands and praying whilst sipping their berry smoothachinos.

----------------------------

O.K. back to my sister, I affectionately call her Scare, and she has been the most reliable source of family amusement thus far.

Here is a photo:


I showed it to my brother and mom.

Me: Dude do you recognize this?
Than: -pause-
---------longer pause-
--------Is that her room?

Our mom says she feels sorry for whoever has to room with her at college.

Additional amusement...

Me: Do you want to come to the pool with me to lay out?
Scare: I dunno. The sun makes me tired. I don't feel like getting tired.
Me: Well what are you going to do instead?
Scare: I think I will go upstairs and take a nap.



Parting shot:

See what I have to put up with?


(btw this photo depicts Me giving Sal Bunny Ears but you can't see my fingers too well)

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger veloandvino said...

Court,

get a broadband card, its life changing.

4:59 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

wait.... is that NOT you in the photo? Because if that is your sister she seriously, and I mean SERIOUSLY, looks exactly like you.

6:18 PM  
Blogger Steven Woo said...

Thanks for the photo of the messy room, it makes both my room and car look orderly by comparison.

6:27 PM  
Blogger pedro said...

court... wow, you may be the first person I've ever heard of with a "normal" family. ;)

10:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home