[code"> [/code"> Courtenay Brown: Can Every Week Please Be Philly Week

Monday, June 11, 2007

Can Every Week Please Be Philly Week

(written on plane, posted on ground)

We raced the Liberty Classic in Philadelphia today. Last year Liberty was one of many not-my-finest-moments, but today was great. It's quite probably the biggest women's race in the country and I loved it. What can I say, I am a typical girl in several respects: I love ponies, songs with good bass lines, and Large Audiences To Witness Me Doing Stuff I Think Is Cool. There were tons of people (helps that the boys race at the same time - thanksguys!!), the weather was pretty much perfect for racing, and the course was wonderfully devoid of the Oregonian "9 miles to the KOM!" climbs we faced just a week ago - in short, my kind of race.

Now I am on my way back to California, tired-excited about the race this morning and excited about getting home later.

But I wouldn't mind being at one end or the other of this trip.

I am sort of bored.

Planes are boring (my little cousins might beg to differ however).

I am wishing I could use my foam roller in the aisle, wishing I had my compression leggings, wishing I had someone to talk to (neighboring passengers are not likely candidates - post race Court tends to talk a mile-a-minute about the race and race gossip exclusively, and thorough perusal of the waiting area at the gate revealed no bike racers)(there was one dude with running shoes and a visor attached to his bag, for a second i thought maybe he was at least an athlete and thus in a pinch could be a somewhat adequate ear but a. he had on a hollister shirt and a remarkable amount of Gotti boys' ice-gel in his hair, overall effect was "ew", and b. he his not in my row anyway).

I wish I had Tetris on my computer.

I wish I had some internet. BTW I spent $30 on internet access over the past 4 days. Outrage.

I a little bit wish I had bought a beauty magazine instead of this squishy neck pillow in the airport terminal.

I wish I had not been directly behind the little 1K-to-go wrestling match today. No one won that one. (I did not go down, just came to a screeching halt and found myself at the back of the pack fast). I think my poor luck was probably some sort of kharmic retribution for recent transgressions, e.g. driving the little sister to tears and the mom to expletives earlier in the week...

I hope the asphalt-kissers in said crash (and the various ones prior) are unhurt and racing again soon. It's always more fun when everyone's there!

I wish Katie could race with us all year.

I wish I had brought some pencils and paper with me.

I wish I were home already.

I wish I didn't need a snack like every 29 minutes all day long. I am starved.

I wish I had a kitty at home, maybe one like Squawky.

My iPod playlist is making me wish I were still a dj.

And I somewhat crazily wish it were time for Nature Valley already. I can't wait to race again.

Oooo the beverage cart is here, I hope it has pretzel mix!!!!!

It does not.

Sigh.

Well you are in luck. Laptop is now Running On Reserve Battery Power so I am going to close my eyes and give this squishy neck pillow another try...

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger pedro said...

wishes come true sometimes. nice job kicking/receiving ass in philly. i had a much less prestigious but similar painful pleasure in bako. i think we are due to party in manhatten beach! there are always some folks que-ing and mixing margaritas along the course there and I have always partaken.

8:42 AM  
Blogger norcalcyclingnews.com said...

don't you listen to pedro ... stay away from the margaritas.

those are for us fans, not you racers.


still progressing, each race.

nice.

9:51 AM  
Blogger Courtenay said...

WELL, don't either of you worry, because (gasp!) i am off to utah the weekend of manhattan beach! gonna spectate and cheer at a triathlon.

so, please enjoy some margaritas on my behalf and we'll save the group socializing for patterson pass! (joke)

11:41 AM  
Blogger Allison Krasnow said...

sweet racing!
and i wish it were friday
friday=first day of summer vacation!

11:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

stalkers abound!!!

12:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pro-Ho says:

I'll bring the grill and ez'up's for the M'Beach show, hernando does the cooking. We'll be celebrating Cali's last NRC race of the year and my 40th!

12:23 PM  
Blogger pedro said...

if i have to drink solo, I will, maybe even pre race! watch out MBGP@!

enjoy yuta. if that's possible.

6:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home