[code"> [/code"> Courtenay Brown: Thanks and Amusements

Thursday, September 13, 2007

Thanks and Amusements

First off, THANK YOU very much to everyone who wished me a happy birthday last week. I really appreciated it. For those of you who missed it, belated wishes are always welcome and if you feel super guilty you can also send gifts ;) Just kidding. Really though, thank you.

Thanks also to those who shared their 9/11 stories. Our own version of "where were you when Kennedy got shot", it's different of course but still.

And on to the mundane...

Yesterday I sold a pair of Ksyrium SL wheels, via craigslist. The guy called me saying he was looking for a sweet pair of rims. His lingo was decidedly not the gearhead-speak to which I am accustomed, I actually found myself confirming that a. he was looking for an entire wheel, b. his componentry was shimano, and even c. his bike was for sure a road bike. But he insisted they were the ones he wanted, so I headed down to the 76 station on Lakeshore, and sold a blessedly enthusiastic guy a sweet pair of rims.

Yesterday I also had the ten trillionth conversation with my mom about how she sure hopes I am looking for a JOB in Tahoe so I can AFFORD all this RACING STUFF.

Speaking of yesterday and other people's overinterested concern for my finances... I let the dark-time-in-my-life-ex-boyfriend into my apartment to get something of his that I have had for forever but he finally decided he wanted it back. While he was tinkering with his loaned item I decided to be civil and talk to him.

Me: So yeah, I am finishing up work on October 12 and then moving.

Him: Finishing up?

Me: Yes, finishing. They needed a full-time person to do my job, I can't work full-time, we'd been wanting to move out of the bay area, so it all worked out.

Him: So what does that mean for you financially?


Groan. It means I am getting a job in my new town of residence, you nosy dumbass. Do all girls go through periods of loser-magnetism, and later on wonder what on earth they were thinking when they were with said loser?


P.S. For those of you who are concerned: I am not talking about Devon, who's pretty much my best friend. For those of you who are curious, the sole regret in my relationship portfolio has the first initial of R. End of topic, henceforth I am not discussing him.

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Holly R said...

All girls go through it. I'm STILL going through it wondering what the hell possessed me to marry my ex-husband, Satan. And that was a l o n g time ago.
By the way, Happy Belated Birthday! And very, very, very good wishes for your exciting move!

10:47 AM  
Blogger Emily said...

You know what they say, you have to kiss a lot of frogs.

Every girl has those "what the hell was I thinking" guys in their past.

It's funny how losers don't seem that way in the moment. That's probably why it's not a good idea to rush into things, but what do I know, I am single!

Belated happy birthday!

11:09 AM  
Blogger Goodwyf Allie said...

I got an email last year. My DH read it first. "Do you know a guy named R--W----? And was he a big jerk?" Why yes dear. An ex-boyfriend from a million years ago and he was the BIGGEST JERK. It was an apology email. Nice. I guess he's not so jerky now--but I'm not getting chummy. . .

PS SERIOUS BIG HAPPY BIRTHDAY LOVE FROM BIG SIS AND MILLIONS OF NIECES AND NEPHEWS WHO DON'T KNOW YOU MUCH BUT WOULD SMOTHER YOU WITH KISSES AT MY COMMAND!!!!!

5:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope that ex is not someone previously mentioned on this blog, 'cause this post is kinda mean.

9:27 PM  
Blogger Courtenay said...

oh groan.

there has been a spate of anonymous commentage all over blogger recently.

good entertainment value at least, especially for a friday! thanks for the laughs...

12:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

awwww, happy belated bday Court! Jill X

7:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home