[code"> [/code"> Courtenay Brown: The Inaugural Game

Monday, August 27, 2007

The Inaugural Game

Major excitement of the weekend: we bought our very own Scrabble game! Scrabble is my favourite (it has been the topic of multiple posts now) and actually the next fish, which I haven't even picked out and bought yet, is already named Scrabble.

Here we are during our inaugural game:



No prizes for guessing who arranged their letters thusly... (ahem. it was i) BUT in honor of the inaugural game, I am posting my inaugural Blog Poll:



P.S. I won the game in case you are curious. No spectacular plays like 'requiem' but Greg had some good words, e.g. 'gout', which he then turned into 'dugout'.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

SCRABBLE is also my favorite game!!! We just played last night and, well, of course I won. I've been told I'm a sore loser when I don't (which is, of course, hardly ever)...

9:48 AM  
Blogger Holly said...

Are you allowed to use British spellings in Scrabble? Favourite, colour... Just teasing. I'm a terrible scrabble player, by the way. I can't seem to see past the three letter words so I never get any points.

3:35 PM  
Blogger Bill B said...

Hoc is latin. Can you use that?

8:53 PM  
Blogger Goodwyf Allie said...

Have you played the scrabble game where you build your own maze of words (starting with 7) and shout "take two" if you are the first to use all the letters? Play continues until no letter are left. You may disassemble and re asseble at will. Scores are counted the same as in scrabble--tho' no doubles or triples since you aren't on the board. It's fast, furious, and fun!

3:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home