[code"> [/code"> Courtenay Brown: Crockett, CA

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Crockett, CA

On Sunday of this past weekend, there was a criterium in Crockett, CA. Crockett is a cool little town, technically it's part of the east bay but it's not part of the San Leandro-Oakland-Emeryville-Berkeley-Albany-El Cerrito-Richmond-Pinole smashup. It's its own little town. It also has some hills and some wind. Anyway the race was only for men, no women's race for a REALLY dumb reason and I won't bore you with my rant, so I went to cheer for Devon and take some photos.

I did more talking and hanging out than I did photographing, I am blaming it on the poor lighting at the finish line. But I did get a funny shot of the kid's race, where a couple of tenacious little racers did not let a hill or, um, somewhat encumbering footwear get in the way of their race. They got off and pushed! I sense some budding 'cross racers!

Devon's race was right after the kids' race. The race blew apart so fast, it was like the Tour de Nez crit or CSC or something. Devon raced really actively, it was awesome to see how strong he is riding. John Hunt got away solo with around 10 laps to go and held it, and his 8 teammates in the field did a good job of blocking, another dude tried to bridge but wound up riding alone and hanging on for 2nd, and Devon finished a very respectable 4th. Here is a photo, and it gives you a better idea of the "hill" than my photo of the kids. It's actually the same hill.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home