[code"> [/code"> Courtenay Brown: Giro Champion! (a CLEAN one!!)

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Giro Champion! (a CLEAN one!!)

So yesterday was the Giro di San Francisco race. Silly name, cool race. Devon was second last year and I was third, and we were both hoping to improve on our previous results. I didn't, but that's fine. However, Devon did improve on his result from last year - he won!
And I did a way better job of taking photos than I did at the Crockett race. Here is a shot at the turn after the hill:
Here is turn 3. This is a typical Courtenay photo, people at the bottom and lots of "atmosphere" above:

Here he is midway through the uphill with Danny Holloway on his wheel:

And here is the finish! Devon is the blurry spot way ahead of everyone else, about 15 meters from the finish line. I was so busy jumping up and down screaming "Oh my god. Go Devon go! Oh my god! He's winning!" that I am surprised I managed to take a picture:

Here is what was supposed to be him crossing the line. Oops I got someone's jeans instead, then I gave poor Lisa Hunt a big hug because she was the nearest victim:

The Podium. Devon is flanked by Ken Hanson (who beat him for 3rd place at Crockett) and Chris Hipp:

Yay!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home