[code"> [/code"> Courtenay Brown: Solstice Ride

Friday, December 22, 2006

Solstice Ride

In the category of For-A-Smart-Girl-She-Sure-Does-Some-Dumb-Things:

I rode my bike in the rain and sub-50 degree gloominess for 3.25 hours yesterday. During this time I saw exactly ZERO other cyclists, unless you count 2 Cal students riding across campus at 5:15 p.m., their jeans and sweatshirts visibly soaked and faces visibly miserable. Can't say my face was much better, I'm sure. And I can't say I have ever been out on my bike in the Bay Area and not seen a single other soul out there training too.

But the thought of sitting on the trainer in my kitchen for that same amount of time was just awful. For one thing, the linoleum is just way too ugly to stare at for that long...

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Lorri Lee Lown -- velogirl said...

you ride your trainer in your kitchen? just in case you need a cookie? or a glass of lemondae?

9:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If it makes you feel any better, I rode on thursday as well. Makes me appreciate not being a messenger anymore!

10:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Sub 50-degree gloominess"? Boo-frickin'-who.

High of 31 in Tuffy Town tomorrow...

7:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home