[code"> [/code"> Courtenay Brown: Worst Style Trend In My Opinion

Friday, December 22, 2006

Worst Style Trend In My Opinion


A few days ago, I blogged about the XLR8R magazine year-end issue, in which fixed gear bikes were listed amongst the year's worst style trends.

I have a much better worst style trend to propose. Those fuzzy pompom boots that chicks wear. For me, their ridiculosity was confirmed when I was in Honolulu last month and, in 80 degree weather, when the sun was out, walking down Waikiki, I saw a girl in a miniskirt, tank top, and pompom upper-calf height boots. The fuzzy boot part was silly enough given the weather. But the pompoms? All that was missing was a teeny chihuahua to bounce around with the dangling balls. Maybe that's what they are there for, to entertain the wearer's equally ridiculous pet accessories.

Fast forward to yesterday. I was walking through the office, as another girl who works here was walking towards the copier. I almost said "hey (name withheld for privacy), I think there is a dead animal of some kind attached to your ankle??" when it hit me: nooo.... Peaking out from underneath those Marina-purchased $400 designer jeans was a pair of fuzzy pompoms, which were attached to boots.

Do guys have overaccessorized footwear? The only thing I can come up with is the flip flops with the beer opener in the sole. But at least that serves a somewhat practical purpose. Not so for the pompoms.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home