[code"> [/code"> Courtenay Brown: More Silliness

Thursday, January 18, 2007

More Silliness

I have an admission to make.

Oh god.

This is so embarassing.

Anyway:

I am
gulp
well
I kinda want
to do
a
try
a
tha
lon.

O.K.

I said it. I want to do a triathlon. I love cycling. I love running. After a 5 year hiatus due to injury and the like, I am back running again, which makes me really happy. And I think I'd be a good swimmer. Somehow this harebrained multisport idea, at which I once scoffed, now seems awesome.

I think this world-is-ending-in-5-years thing must really be getting to me.

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

Blogger s.on said...

i knew it was only a matter of time...

3:14 PM  
Blogger ~ lauren said...

that end of the world post of yours makes me nervous.

i come back each day and read a little more of it.

i'm not sure it would lead me to try a tri though.

but the good thing is that you're not in denial... (about the running/biking/swimming thing.) that's always the first step.

4:29 PM  
Blogger Christopher Smith said...

Oh my god.

Don't do it, save yourself before it's too late.

6:05 PM  
Blogger norcalcyclingnews.com said...

don't listen to smithers ... he rides the track, fer chrissake.


go for it.

if only for the swimsuit pictures we get on the blog.

7:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Court--

I've always wanted to do a SMALL triathalon. . but it may have to wait till I'm done having babies. The cycling would be completely new.

I don't think the world will end in 5 years. Anyway--you could get hit by a truck tomorrow--so make good choices and have fun! Also--look both ways. . .

AEB

9:07 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

it's ok to do triathlons if you're fast. then it's cool. but if you're slow then that's kinda dorky. so just make sure you win or something.

just kidding, have fun!

11:08 AM  
Blogger Sonya said...

You won't be a geeky triathlete, because you were a runner first! :) I wish I was there in CA. I'm tired of riding the trainer. nooooo!

3:20 PM  
Blogger Lorri Lee Lown -- velogirl said...

Hey, I'm doing Wildflower this year. Granted, I'm doing the bike leg of a relay. Maybe I'll wear a bikini just because USAT doesn't have a short-sleeve jersey rule!

Go for it! I bet you'd be great.

9:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home