[code"> [/code"> Courtenay Brown: Patience

Friday, February 09, 2007

Patience

I don't have much. Patience, that is. I am really trying to work on that, believe it or not.

I wish I had a handle on it like yesterday, then maybe I wouldn't feel so annoying sometimes.

Anyway I did a new painting. Usually I paint over the course of at least two days to allow for a little drying and to let myself look at my work with fresh eyes midway through the process, in case I see something wrong. But I really wanted to keep painting this one. So, I contorted my arms and paintbrush around my little bitty canvas and did the sides, normally reserved for Day 2.

Then I took a photo right away.

Then I posted it on my art blog even though the paint is still glistening and I might add a few strokes.

Then I emailed my mom to tell her.

Now I am posting a blog about it here. Just in case anyone wants to see it now.

Because LOOK, LOOK, I did a new PAINTING!!



Funnily enough, amidst all this painting and photographing and posting and emailing, I was on the phone with someone, soap-boxedly telling him about how things don't always get fixed in a day so you have to (you guessed it...) be patient.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd love to get my hands on one of your little paintings if you are selling them....
-Travis

9:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home