[code"> [/code"> Courtenay Brown: VO2 Max Test

Saturday, February 03, 2007

VO2 Max Test

Devon and I went up to Sacramento yesterday for some VO2 testing with Tim Streeper at 650 Fit. Our coach, Nathan Miller, was also there to get tested. Some numbers were good, some were OK, some were insane... Somehow, being a typical girl, I was wayyy more stressed about the scale and the body fat test than the actual VO2 test. The boys were the opposite of course, probably because their test numbers are the insane ones!

Numbers numbers numbers. So easy to have a number on which to fixate and obsess, so much harder to focus on a feeling and a mental state. But in the end a number is just a number, it doesn't hand you the victory or the teamwork or even the endorphins... But I won't lie, I like numbers.

Anyway, miracle of all miracles, I remembered to bring my camera!

Here are a few shots, I am realizing (amongst other things) how psyched I am to get our new ValueAct Capital Cycling Team kits! The yellow and green lycra has served me well, but it's looking tired:

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

courtenay courtenay courtenay, are you capable of doing anything without your i-pod???

just kidding :-)

p.s. was that nathan's VO2??? holy SHIT.

4:21 PM  
Blogger Courtenay said...

yeah that was nathan! isn't that crazy?! i put that photo next to the one of me just in case anyone wanted to assume that was my VO2...

8:10 PM  
Blogger X Bunny said...

i don't like my nose being plugged

unless i am swimming

12:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You could have put your numbers up there for everyone to see. The best I've ever seen from a girrrrl. So modest....so modest.

4:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home