[code"> [/code"> Courtenay Brown: Overwhelmed

Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Overwhelmed

When faced with an enormous list of crapola to do: blog. It's productive procrastination!

Here are the things I am not doing right now.

-Dishes/sweeping/general apartment cleaning that I never do since I live by myself and therefore don't care

-Putting away the laundry I did yesterday

-Cleaning energy gel off the car (see previous post)

-Core Exercises (one of my most frequently procrastinated tasks)

-Working on the next little painting

-Writing my women's-specific training tips for our sponsors. I can't think of any. "Only ride with boys if you enjoy town line sprints and ceaseless talk of genitalia and bodily functions!" Or "here's how and when to lance a saddle sore!" Sponsors will be like "who's the unhelpful chick and why's she on the team?" Sigh. Stress.

-Fixing an endless list of issues with my too-much cycling equipment. For example: need narrower bars, which I ordered, but they won't be here for the weekend, so should I scrounge for others? Need to retape TT bars, but also need to recable TT bike, which I am so not qualified or equipped to do. Need to wash both bikes, but shouldn't I do that tomorrow after riding? Need to put sponsor tires on race wheels. Need to figure out why TF my stupid powertap wheel is acting up AGAIN even though I very responsibly had the whole thing professionally rebuilt. Need to play musical cassettes on a bunch of wheels, which will involve lots of "righty tighty lefty loosey" chanting as I struggle away and try not to get grease all over clumsy dyslexic me. Need to put the 55-42 chainrings on the TT bike but that will involve moving the derailleur, see previous comment about my re-cabling ineptitude... When I first started cycling, and had exactly one bike, I wiped that little Bianchi Brava down every day, checked tire pressure and tire wear constantly, and replaced the bar tape about every month. But I guess I was riding a lot less, and I wasn't racing, so I didn't have this obsession with feet-propping-whilst-being-engrossed-in-mindless-inactivity, a.k.a. "recovery".

O.K. Time to at least make a dent in this list. Especially since I didn't even give you the full list, which includes things like removing flannel sheets from my bed since summer has suspiciously arrived already.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger norcalcyclingnews.com said...

great post.

8:12 AM  
Blogger Tuffy said...

Don't reinvent the wheel.

Do a websearch of women's-specific cycling tips OR gender-neutral general cycling tips. Post them to the sponsors site, making sure to cite your sources. People who don't typically read cycling literature will think of you both as extremely helpful AND well-read.

Good luck this season!

5:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home