[code"> [/code"> Courtenay Brown: Press

Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Press

Last Friday, after painting and lazing about all morning, I took myself and 3 of my bikes and a bunch of wheels and crap to the Freewheel so I could use their stands and tools and actually get some mechanic stuff done (with a little help secured via eyelash-batting and general Courtenay charm such as "Travis, do you have any special scissors that actually work back there?!"...).

Anyway, as I was sitting there fiddling with a seatpost, my cell phone rang, and for some reason even though it was an unknown number AND I was totally busy AND in a public place, I answered it.

It was a reporter from the San Jose Mercury News calling to ask me some questions about Sea Otter and women's bike racing in the U.S. We chatted for a while about both topics. (And I put my saddle and seatpost on totally wrong during this time).

The article ran today, you can read it here. I thought it was a good article, and I was actually glad to see that none of my words were used. I don't see myself on the same level as the Webcor women or the Colavita women. Not yet, anyway, not yet... My relative newness to the sport, combined with my background in economics, means that I actually have a pretty positive take on the state of women's racing in the U.S. I have more of an "all things considered the situation is pretty good" sort of outlook.

I must be getting soft in my old age - I think there is room for various opinions on this one.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger norcalcyclingnews.com said...

Not yet, anyway, not yet...


eeexxxcellent!

11:02 AM  
Blogger Bill B said...

I hope women's racing makes it to the forefront before I'm too old to appreciate it all...

8:06 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

LOLOLOLOLOLOL

I think you know what I'm laughing at.

2:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home