[code"> [/code"> Courtenay Brown: Sympathy from Mom #2

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Sympathy from Mom #2

So I called my mom a couple hours ago to tell her I was sick and ask her what to do, she wasn't there so I left a message.

She called me back. And by the way, if you are ever sick or upset or anything and need some good motherly ears and advice, you should definitely call my mom. I know this from lots of past experience.


Sal: Hi Sweetie. You are sick? What happened?

Me: About a half hour after dinner last night my stomach started really hurting and it hadn't gone away this morning but I went to work anyway and then I threw up so then I came home and have been laying around all day. What should I do?

Sal: Well I can't really talk right now because I am driving to Mousie's but it sounds like you have the flu. Go buy Coke and Ginger Ale.

Me: O.K. You don't think it's food poisoning?

Sal: NO, it sounds like the FLU and you probably have a TEMPERATURE! I'd love to talk to you about this but I CAN'T DRIVE and TALK at the SAME TIME!! And-

Me: Well then why'd you call me?

Sal: -and I could KILL someone! This is how ACCIDENTS happen! AND WHATEVER YOU DO, DON'T go out and ride your BIKE for ten miles!

etc. etc. I actually held the phone away from my ear. It took a lot of energy, since I am sick and everything, but I managed, for the good of my blood pressure and overall health soon to be regained I hope...

Me: O.K. o.k. I will let you go. Bye...

Sal: Good. Love you.


Sheesh. But I did just walk down to the corner Valero station to stock up on Gatorade and Vitamin Water. My tongue is already purple!

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Holly said...

Haha I drank Vitamin water too...but I was lucky enough to have it in my fridge. Although I could barely force myself to get up and walk all the way over there to get it. I don't know how you made it to the corner store!

Anyway, whatever I had all day yesterday was totally gone when I woke up this morning, so hopefully it's just a 24 hour thing for you too. Take care of yourself!!

8:01 PM  
Blogger Goodwyf Allie said...

Hope you didn't get it from the baby's blog. . .we had it go through the family last week! I hopr you are feeling better already!

5:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home