[code"> [/code"> Courtenay Brown: Last Night was Book Club!

Thursday, December 13, 2007

Last Night was Book Club!

Well, despite
1. Not finishing the book
2. Talking a lot, including an unsolicited 15+ minute ramble about the cat and how he likes this cute bed I got him last week and how he layed down in his [clean] litterbox when he was soaking wet the other day and how he's so cute and shit I have become a CAT LADY!
3. Being part of the 75% of attendees who brought cookies and sweets, 85% of which remained untouched because we all apparently wanted real food
4. Bringing a recipe for a different cookie than the variety I actually brought, and in fact someone else actually made the cookies for which I brought a recipe
However, 4. b. I tasted hers and my recipe is way better, for one thing I use butter instead of margarine

despite all these things, I had fun and I actually am pretty sure I made some friends!! A couple of whom want to ride bikes together and maybe check out bike racing, one of whom moved here from Europe 13 years ago and said she cried every day for six months out of loneliness (I can relate), and all of whom I liked. Phew.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Lorri Lee Lown -- velogirl said...

you're going to "ride bikes" with a bunch of book club "ladies?" do they understand just what riding bikes implies for you?

I'm glad you made some friends.

1:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home