[code"> [/code"> Courtenay Brown: Not Quite Out Of The Tunnel

Saturday, December 08, 2007

Not Quite Out Of The Tunnel

So the beloved laptop is not home yet, and we got over a foot of snow (my first snow in like 6 years, I was all excited but I have been told that I'll be sick of it really soon), so my access to free community computers is even more diminished than it was before.

Ah well.

Latest opinions on T.V.:

- does anyone else think that there might be fewer psychopathic gun-firing youth murderers if the news would STOP AGGRANDIZING every single massacre? Where do they think these kids get their ideas in the first place?

- today is the big Hatton/Mayweather boxing fight in Vegas. Thankfully, it's $54.95 + taxes and fees on pay-per-view, so I don't have to watch two guys try to pummel each other for real. It's bad enough in the movies... Nevertheless I have watched the "24/7" buildup shows, and I am rooting for Hatton.

Latest opinions on Modern Literature:

- I started reading "The Gift" for Book Club this week, and I just can't stomach it. Stuff like "she was still so overcome by the emotion" and "'Wow, you're really muscular'" and "blah blah blah Almighty God", etc. Anyway I can't deal.

Provided there is enough egg-nog on hand to allow me to open my mouth amongst a bunch of strangers, my contribution to the discussion will be "there's a typo on page 98" and "this is as bad as 'Bridges of Madison County'."

I am still looking forward to it though. Everyone has to bring a snack!!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home