[code"> [/code"> Courtenay Brown: Mom vs. Ebay... Battle # 1

Monday, November 26, 2007

Mom vs. Ebay... Battle # 1

It's Christmas season, actually it's been Christmas season now for months thanks to this whole oh-my-god-consumers-aren't-buying-enough-crap freakout, and according to my mom Christmas season starts in early summer, when she starts calling and asking "Have you bought your AIRLINE TICKETS for CHRISTMAS YET?!?! You'd better hurry, good seats don't last FOREVER you know!"

Then we move on to the five million scheduling calls, wherein she asks each of her children what we want to do or something. Multiple times. Honestly I lose track of what she's asking and what we are all answering. I think that's actually why we have so many of the same conversations - all of us, including my mom, are like "so what? It's Christmas! We all have fun together anyway so who cares what the plan is?"

Next come her presents questions. Should we even give presents or just enjoy each other's presence? To which the answer is always "it's a whole lot funner to enjoy each other's presence when presents are involved." Should we do dollar limits? Should everyone get everyone else something or everyone gets one present? What does everybody even WANT?! Etc.

So I sent my mom an email saying I would enjoy socks, an orange iPod shuffle, and maybe a pony please.

Ensuing emails:

Sal: what is an ipod shuffle? :-)

Me: this is a shuffle: http://www.apple.com/ipodshuffle/

Sal: So, I went to eBay for the first time in my life and looked at iPod
Shuffles - orange, new, and of course got really confused. I can't
figure out why the top of the list is $61.00, has 21 bids on it while
further down there is one priced at $9.99 with one bid one it. HELP!

This is quite probably my favourite email I have gotten from her. How cute! My mom ventured onto EBAY for ME!! She must love me.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow. I'm trying to imagine my Mom on Ebay. No, wait, don't even think it. She would be on the phone asking what to do and then I'd pass her off to my husband. Or brother. On the other hand, that might be fun...

3:10 PM  
Blogger achilles3 said...

i love it! an American moment for sure!
Xmas
Mother
Daughter
EBay

sweet!

11:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home