[code"> [/code"> Courtenay Brown: Ow

Friday, December 14, 2007

Ow

My back seems to think it got stabbed with a huge Indiana-Jones type knife, and therefore I am spending the day as an in-valid. Greg dressed me this morning, did my hair (major laughs were had by all), and has been driving me around. In exchange, I bought him a Venti Soy Pumpkin Spice Latte With Whip (yes Nenad you have permission to make fun, the drink was my suggestion though), and played "who's hotter?" with him. He refused to comment on Brett Favre vs. Tom Brady or Matt Damon vs. Patrick Dempsey. My isn't-it-OBVIOUS?!?! picks:



Sigh-worthy stars aside, I am incredibly grumpy about this back nonsense. For one thing, it kills, and for another, I can't really do anything. I shouldn't even be typing but there's nothing on TV and I haven't gotten the next Book Club book yet. I already went to the Dr. this morning, who said to take like a month off of exercising, then to the chiro, who snap-snapped and said I was fine and could do whatever I wanted. But since it hurt so much I took Advil, I won't do my run today (I have a strong fear of injuries caused by pain-masking so I never take Advil before a run), and since even with the Advil it still hurts, swimming is out too. I have a massage appointment in an hour and hopefully 'Luba' can work some JD-esque magic. Her name gives me high hopes - she sounds like a badass.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yoga and core exercises. Plus, ice your back for 15 minutes on; 20 minutes off for an hour.

6:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home