[code"> [/code"> Courtenay Brown: Blizzard: 100% Chance

Saturday, January 05, 2008

Blizzard: 100% Chance



Day two of the storm, we currently have 2.5-3 feet. The snow isn't supposed to stop until Wednesday! Yesterday it started out as a rain-snow mix, since the temperature was a bit above freezing. Greg and I did our swim workout in the morning, and then he was going to drop me off at work but since work is at 7500', not the 6500' of the lake, slush turned to full-on white-out blizzard a little above 7000' so we turned around. Gingerly. I worked from home until mid-afternoon, and then headed to the gym to run and lift. We had about 5 accumulated inches of slush by that time, not exactly run-able but definitely drive-able.

By the time I left the gym at 5, though, we had blizzard conditions at lake level. Lots of small snow flakes and lots of wind so it was incredibly difficult to see anything, plus the slush from earlier had frozen to ice underneath the freshly falling snow. Major ew... And as we all know, I am NOT the world's best driver in ideal conditions. But it is only a mile and a half from the gym to my house, other people seemed to be driving just fine, so I figured I would just slowly make my way home. Plus I had left both cell phones at home so I couldn't exactly call for rescue! After thirty-five harrowing minutes, 10 of which spent immobile and stuck at an intersection, I made it!

For the rest of this particular blizzard, I will be running to the gym and to anywhere else I need to go. I did that today and it actually worked out much better than yesterday's trip! Although I have to run slowish, as soon as I tried to run my normal pace I fell flat on my face. But it was so peaceful and different outside, as soon as I warmed up it was great fun. My eyelashes were coated with snow!

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Goodwyf Allie said...

Why do I ALWAYS miss the storm? Oregon got hit with rain and wind--everywhere but HERE it seems. There were photos of trucks that got blown over yesterday on the highways.

Stay snug!
Love,
A

11:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home