[code"> [/code"> Courtenay Brown: I was busy getting lost.

Wednesday, January 02, 2008

I was busy getting lost.

Today was one of those days. One of those days that was cool but somehow reminded me that I am a total scatter brain.

Anyway I don't want to be totally boring but basically I scheduled my whole day around driving all the way to Reno (a good 45 mins away) to get my SRM cranks switched back onto my road bike, to get a new fish that might eat the algae please, to go to Trader Joe's to stock up for the 5-10ft snow we are supposedly getting this weekend, and to go return some borrowed items to our friend Nenad and lend him our copy of the Bourne Ultimatum as a thank-you.

1. I forgot the SRM head, which admittedly is not necessary for crank switching, but then I realized that I had no idea where the SRM head was, I hadn't seen it since November 12, thus it was probably completely out of batteries and probably forgot all my nice race data from Silverman, and speaking of out of batteries what did I do with the charger?!? Man, next time I think it's a good idea to buy myself a $3,600 toy I am going to seriously think again.

2. Reno is predicted to get 4-6 INCHES, not feet but INCHES, of snow this weekend (who am I, a recent transplant who was quivering in her flipflops at the mere thought of snow two months ago, who am I to scoff?), anyway the Reno TJ's was hit by a hurricane of freaking-out bariatric Renoites today and there was like nothing left when I got there.

3. I left the Bourne DVD in my laptop. In Incline. I did not realize this until after I got there, to Nenad's house, in Reno, not Incline, and of course Nenad was like "I can't wait to watch this tonight!... Oh. Nevermind." I am such a jackass of a friend.

Oh and btw I got lost twice (both times while on the phone, once while talking to Sharon and she didn't have any qualms about reminding me of our return trip from Redlands, and the second time talking to my brother on my personal phone and also trying to figure out how to check the voicemail on my new work cell phone). Side note: the good news about now having two cingular cell phones is that when I lose one I can call it with the other one and it's free minutes!!

Additionally after 30 minutes of Courtenayite freaking-out I found both SRM necessities!

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

you also still haven't called me back. it's emily,...remember me?

8:27 AM  
Blogger Holly R said...

Hilarious... I laughed out loud. :o) Happy New Year!

9:49 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

this website has live streaming (free) movies of a pretty decent quality, so if you forget the dvd you can just watch it on the internet


http://powerflv.com/

12:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home