[code"> [/code"> Courtenay Brown: Making Fun of Ma Again

Friday, January 04, 2008

Making Fun of Ma Again

I know, I know, you're probably thinking my poor long-suffering mom has had enough... but actually looking back over the past few months, I have gone pretty easy on her, so I don't feel bad about making blatant huge fun about her silly notes she posts all over the place. (Plus I gave her great Christmas presents.) The notes are probably there because my mom always has houseguests, kids, tenants, and random friends in and out of the house all the time. Her sister says "Sal collects people", which is pretty true.

Anyhow, apparently everyone who does laundry at her house is a bit retarded:


Including my mom a little bit. It's totally not summertime. Also in this last one, we see my mom's continued use of the letter 'x' in ways that disturb her children.

Then she also has this coffee pot that is finicky.
Although, SHE was the one who made the coffee on Christmas morning, and despite her own note she didn't turn the handle and coffee and grounds got all over the kitchen! She got a late-Christmas present the next day: a new coffee pot (curious to see if that one gets a note on it in Sharpie, "PLEASE only make DECAF as it's BETTER for you" or something)

Also the toilet upstairs has its own little note:
It seems that the "smiley face" is taking over from the "ThanX" as my mom's this-is-just-a-sweet-little-lighthearted-reminder!-indicator.

Finally, I think that this note-ness is genetic. My sister has started leaving them, too:

I guess Greg's lucky we don't have pads of paper and scotch tape laying around!

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Holly R said...

I'll trade your Mom's usage of "x's" for my Mom's usage of "r's" where they don't belong. "We do the warshing early. We live in Warshington State." What in tarnation? :o)
Love the notes though... very funny stuff!

3:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

omg....what a crack-up!! I love your mother's notes!! LH

4:39 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

ahahahaha! classic!

10:17 AM  
Blogger Goodwyf Allie said...

Hey--I knew about the coffee pot!

11:57 PM  
Blogger Goodwyf Allie said...

I just remembered the funniest note I've ever seen. This was when I was sharing a house in College. I drank a lot of tea, and used my tea bags twice to economize. I left a tea bag on the counter with a note that said "I am being saved." My roommate wrote below "Halleluia!"
HAHAHA

12:07 AM  
Blogger achilles3 said...

I LOVE THIS!
Reminds me of my dad!

11:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home