[code"> [/code"> Courtenay Brown: Outfits

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Outfits

There are several vocab words that I like but that Greg says are downright wrong. I call my "swim cap" my hat, my "helmet" is also my hat, all "shoes" are sneakers, including cycling sneakers, and "uniforms" are outfits. He does not condone my use of these words.

Yet recently Greg and I were watching the movie Hoosiers and during one of the scenes...

Me: Is that their home outfit or their away outfit?
Him: I think they only have one outfit.
Me: HAHAHA you said "outfit"!!!
Him: Well that's what it is, isn't it? Their outfit?
Me: You are a boy, you are supposed to call it a "uniform".
Him: -resigned embarrassed silence-

And incidentally they did have two outfits, one home and one away.

ALSO, Greg has vocabulary of his own which I choose not to condone: pillowcases are "pillowsheets", and the other day he was getting ready to go to the store and I was giving him a list and he was like "don't we need, um, kitty... um, what's it called, kitty powder?"

He was referring to kitty litter.

HA!

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

whatever, you knew what i meant.

2:08 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I could see a cyclist calling it a "kit". I don't know too many men who say "outfit". But he really was just repeating what you said, so you might cut him some slack. Of course, if my guy said same, I'd tease him mercilessly.

4:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home