[code"> [/code"> Courtenay Brown: Happy Mother's Day!

Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day!

And that's all I have to say about that. Thankfully my mom sees Mother's Day for what it truly is, a marketing scam courtesy of Hallmark, Hyatt brunches, and 1-800-Flowers.

Today I swam short-course down at the Carson pool. I did a set that I last did about 3 weeks ago, and was pleased to note that the intervals seemed easier and I finished the set way stronger. That was a nice way to start the day, especially considering I was up for two hours in the middle of the night with some weird chest pain that made me afraid to go back to sleep in case if I was having a heart attack (I wasn't). Then I went to Target to return some of the clothes I bought Greg and to buy a bunch of stuff for myself. I got two new hoodies! Naturally I forgot a lot of the stuff I wanted, I got bogged down in the creams and moisturizers section for a good half an hour and started seriously running out of steam so I busted out of there, forgetting blank CD's, dish soap, razor blades, and toilet paper.

Then I went to Trader Joe's and again I regret my newfound aversion to list-making because I got all the way home and realized I didn't get pasta or pasta sauce or sweet potatoes or eggs.

But I did get wine. Two bottles. Also at Target I got a fancy cat-scratch post for Kitty. As of now he is avoiding it but I hope hope hope he starts to like his present.

Labels: , ,

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you know that 5% of Target's income goes to support social services, education and the arts? That is approximately $3 MILLION a WEEK! And they follow LEED to make their stores and the environment green. Pretty darn cool.

11:16 PM  
Blogger Goodwyf Allie said...

i am a BIG list make--esp when it comes to shopping. The ONLY way to stay focused and on budget!

Could your chest pain have been related to a spinal mis-alignment? When my vertabrae get kinked I end up getting heart-attack-like chest pains. Do you get really sore between your shoulder blades? Hope it gets better!

8:56 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

I love Target so much. But I, too, get sidetracked and become exhausted even before I get to the rest of my list.

So I don't go that often.

Easy to do that at TJ's, too. I wonder why those places are like that?

I could spend an hour in TJ's NO problem, and I LOVE to browse their wine section. Mmmmmmmm...

9:44 AM  
Blogger Courtenay said...

it's funny allison, that was my thought. i was having back pain in my mid-back, between my shoulder blades, so i figured the chest pain was probably related in some way. if i were still in the bay area i'd go see my favourite chiropractor ever, but up here i am just going to deal with it on my own!
anyhow, nice to hear that i am not crazy for thinking that.

10:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have to go to target with a purpose as well, it is overwhelming and I end up walking away with far too much. I am glad the closest one is like 25minutes away.

Best way to get kinks out of your back let yourself hang!!!(well from a bar or a beam) or use a foam roller to gently push on the spine. I could really use a good back-cracking or massage right about now.

12:27 PM  
Blogger Chris Westall said...

Put a little cat nip on the post... it induces scratching of the post.

4:22 PM  
Blogger Courtenay said...

i tried the catnip... so far he's still scared of it, although i am sure i didn't help matters any when i picked him up and dragged him over to it and pushed his claws out and started making scratching motions on the post.

as for lists... i can make a crazy detailed target list and STILL get foiled by the creams and moisturizers section. there are a ridiculous amount of options. on top of that i have to consider scent, because bottom line is even if it's the best product out there, if i don't like the smell i won't use it. so smell, whether it has salicylic acid (i don't like that stuff), whether it's anti-aging, whether it has spf, what rank spf, how much it costs... TOO MANY FACTORS. god.

7:34 PM  
Blogger Auffderbach said...

If you're interested, there is a
chiropractor located next door to
Trader Joe's. Actually, Gold's Gym is next door, the Chiro is to the west, next to the phone store. He's
$25 a visit and there is no appointment making so you just walk
in. He's help us out often, especially before big races.
On another note, having my wife and
oldest yoot work at Trader Joe's has introduced me to so much new food and drink goodies I never would have found out about otherwise. Yummie! TJ's rocks!
Also, there's a time trial tonight
down here in the valley, if you're interested. See Alta Alpina.com

Scott

12:37 PM  
Blogger Courtenay said...

thanks for the tip AND the invite scott! hope the tt last night was good. one of these days when i am not gallivanting about wherever, i would love to do one of the twilight races!

1:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home