[code"> [/code"> Courtenay Brown: Partner in Silliness

Monday, January 22, 2007

Partner in Silliness

SO, Holly thinks my tri idea is a great one and wants to do it with me! How exciting! I am actually looking forward to becoming a multisport dork.

In other news: I have very minimal other news. I am riding my bike a lot and napping a lot. Yet somehow it doesn't feel like I am doing either one enough.

But I can't complain about long days on the bike. Especially when blessed with lovely weather and good company. On Saturday I went for a nice long ride with the girls, and since I am so homestar runner obsessed it was all I could do not to be like "okay, my spanish galleons!" all day. Anyway, this is when Holly got suckered into teaching me to swim! I also caught up on gossip and compared food obsessions with Tracie, I talked team with Martina, I admired Taitt-who-doesn't-blog's new shuffle (which she uses while riding, but she doesn't listen to music, she listens to news podcasts! How grown up! I meanwhile rock out to AFI and the like), got some good equipment and training advice from the lone boy on the ride, and I narrowly avoided a sideswipe/decapitation attempt made by "the competition", no links or naming of names here because it wasn't intentional, just really very scary because of speeding cars and lots of metal and all that... and, amongst all the chitchat and girly giggling, I got in a great ride and felt even more excited for the upcoming race season.

Anyway. That was Saturday.

Oh, then I went home and cleaned up and really wanted to do some artwork, but what I had in mind required a hugely unappealing trip OUT of the APARTMENT (major ugh) and IN the CAR (bleh!) to go to the art store (which is an inconceivably interminable MILE AWAY from my house) for some linseed oil, so I spent an hour and a half lying inert on my bed, trying to collect enough energy and psych myself up for said trek, before I blissfully realized I could do a different art project for which I had all the materials at home already. Pictures posted once it dries...

I guess I must be training right if, when I get home, the simplest errands seem impossible.

Ahh. Once again, I have succeeded in frittering away my first hour of work by blogging. I did try to start on the cash reconciliations, I promise I did, but my fingers and eyes have no interest in numbers prior to 8 a.m. regardless of whether I get decaf or regular on my way in to the office.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home