[code"> [/code"> Courtenay Brown: A Brief Foray into Cattiness!

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

A Brief Foray into Cattiness!

I am a girl. So I can be catty every once in a while, right?

I have this friend-who-is-no-longer-my-friend**. I also have an apartment with too many bike things in it for me to always keep track. So, recently I realized that FWINLMF still had a rear wheel and a TIME carbon seatpost of mine from back when we were friends.

Several convolutedly emotional "how about I bring the stuff by" "no really I want to bring it over" text messages later, FWINLMF came to my building. I was greeted with an evil eye, not a small amount of grumbling, and a rear wheel.

But no seatpost.

Then Friday I got a package-notice in my mailbox. I drove to the post office yesterday. There, wrapped in three layers of packing tape, two cardboard boxes, one square foot of bubble wrap, and three (?!) pieces of paper with my address written on it, was my seatpost.

Um.

We live like five minutes from each other? I offered to come get it like six times?

I'd be ranting and raving about the phenomenal waste of time and resources involved in this whole transmission if I weren't too busy laughing and eye-rolling.

________________________________________________________
**FWINLMF doesn't have internet! So this post is solely for your amusement, lovely reader, as well as mine...

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

NO INTERNET?!?!?!??? Sounds like you made a good move there with theno longer friends part. I mean, No INTERNET????

8:59 AM  
Blogger jAndy donka-donk said...

baby momma drama........

9:05 AM  
Blogger Courtenay said...

haha!

but there are no gender identifiers in this post. so it could be a couple of pms-y girls, who knows.

although: don't boys get their own version of pms?

9:08 AM  
Blogger norcalcyclingnews.com said...

boys invented pms.

except we get bitchier.


and ... meee-ow.

9:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't think that this is funny at all. I think he is obviously hurt by whatever went down and you might want to cut him some slack and not joke about it on your blog unless you find really amusing.

6:16 PM  
Blogger Courtenay said...

that's cool, you're entitled to your opinion, and thanks for the comment!

6:25 PM  
Blogger Christopher Smith said...

I think you should make more jokes about it because this dude is obviously some kind of clown. If it even is a dude.

7:30 PM  
Blogger Courtenay said...

o.k. this is definitely my best comment section yet! hmm. what will this mean for future posts...

7:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home