[code"> [/code"> Courtenay Brown: Today was Great

Saturday, April 21, 2007

Today was Great

Yes caffeine is still rampaging through my system and producing this somewhat uncharacteristic positivity... sorry!

Anyway. Today was the Wente Road Race. I woke up way too early for my tastes (5:15! ew!), but 3 facts made the early morning totally super:

1. The new Piedmont Ave. Peet's is 6 blocks from my house AND it opens at 6 a.m. on Saturdays!

2. It wasn't raining!

3. The sunrise this morning was lovely...

As for the race itself - it was great too. I will spare you the boring/gory details but bottom line is I felt great about my improvement since last year, when I was OTB by the time we were halfway up the climb on the first lap. This year I stayed with the main group for the entire race. AND I have confirmation from a racer with an SRM that this year was in fact harder up the climb than last year! Mt. Hood here I come... I was also really pleased for Jill McLaughlin and Stacy Marple, who were off the front for over half the race. They are both really strong and impressive racers.

Anyway, other reasons why Today was Great:

4. Roman won the men's race!

James Mattis finished 3rd but he missed the podium because he went out to ride even more after the race ended.

5. Sarah said our Team VAC kits look awesome! She is totally right.

6. Tons of cool fun people were at the race. Too many to name them all, but having almost all of my favourite people in one place really made my day! I love the racing community.

7. I went shopping and found a new favourite shirt at Old Navy whilst simultaneously talking about current favourite subject (racer boyfriends) on the phone with Tracie. Here's the shirt - it's got sparkly ponies on it! I bought two so I could "have one to give to my sister" (yes, the checkout girl did ask) but really I got 2 because I am concerned that I will need a backup favourite shirt, in the likely event that I lose/mess up the original.

That's it for now. Still waiting on a Quote of the Weekend to post, maybe that will present itself tomorrow.

Labels: , ,