[code"> [/code"> Courtenay Brown: Report from Super Exciting Weekend

Monday, May 21, 2007

Report from Super Exciting Weekend

This was my last weekend of domesticity and social shenanigans before the summer racing frenzy officially begins...

The gory details: Late late late night Friday (and I didn't even drink!) led to sleeping pretty much all day Saturday, with the exception of a short bike ride and a drive down to Lake Merritt to sell my mountain bike to the cutest new-biker ever (she was embarassed to ride the bike in front of me, she walked it around the corner before she got on! how adorable!). Sunday was occuppied by yet another round of house-cleaning. Emily says I seem to be cleaning house like all the time. There are two phenomena going on here:

1. Good enough for government work. I tidy, but I don't put the unending important mail items away, I just shove everything somewhere out of sight. Or I sweep but I can't be bothered to mop. So there is always more cleaning to be done. Entropy unquestionably rules my apartment.

2. Big talk little do. I do talk about cleaning all the time, a lot of times I do the dishes and call it a day, or more often, I call someone on the phone for moral cleaning support... and "OMG are you SERIOUS" talk rapidly becomes more important than the windex.

While I would love to bore you further about yesterday's progression through the closets, under the bed, and down to the trash area a ton of times, I'll move on to the good and super exciting news.

My man won the Columbia Triathlon yesterday!! I have never been so pleased to get a 6:30 a.m. phone call on a Sunday...

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Lorri Lee Lown -- velogirl said...

you have a man? and he's 6'5"? and like 13 years old? yeah, I can see that!

congrats to the man and good luck on your upcoming races.

1:38 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Lori's jealous, you're funny, and I'm bored.

Have you found a ride to hood yet?

3:01 PM  
Blogger Team TWENTY12 said...

hey Tracey, Court, kristina is looking to carpool to Hood

6:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home