[code"> [/code"> Courtenay Brown: Quotes of the Week

Saturday, May 19, 2007

Quotes of the Week

Whilst at massage:

Me: How was your weekend?
JD: Good. Busy. We spent Sunday running all around doing family stuff all freakin' day, hanging out with my mom, taking her out to eat, that kind of thing.
Me: Whoa, that's really nice of you, was it her birthday or something?
JD: No, genius. It was Mother's Day.
Me: Oh, right...

**************

How I got suckered into "planning" what turned out to be a really fun party (may post the PG-rated photos...):

Me: So I haven't gotten an invitation to your birthday party yet?
Devon: I'm not having one.
Me: Why not?!
Devon: Well, the Sharps don't want to host it, and I don't want to call people and organize it myself. I mean, it's pretty lame to plan your own birthday party right? So I'll just, I don't know, watch a movie or something.

**************

Whilst at Devon's birthday party, after I explained that I had duct tape on my feet because of a running blister (not a fashion faux pas, not to worry, my shoes covered it, it was just a little piece):

Devon
: Court, I don't know why you are (bleep)ing with that (bleep). Running is (bleep).
Pat: I think it's tight. I'm going to do the same thing. I am going to start running when I retire from racing too.
Devon: Dude, she's not retired.
Pat: Right, I am just saying, it's a good idea, running is sick, when I retire I am going to run too.
Devon: Dude, she's not retired.
Kate: Maybe if you don't say "too" it will work.
Pat: O.K. When I retire, I am going to start running. Right, that's what I meant.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dunnaway running? There's a laugh.
What would he adjust and re-adjust with his OCD? His shoelaces?
Too fragile to run.

8:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

please pass along a "happy belated birthday" to devon. we would have told him in person -- if we'd been invited to his party.

12:41 PM  
Blogger Courtenay said...

dear anon #2-
be glad to, and thank you on his behalf, but who is this?
c

12:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home