[code"> [/code"> Courtenay Brown: Quotes of the Weekend

Sunday, April 22, 2007

Quotes of the Weekend

Halfway through my cup of coffee at Cole this morning at 9 a.m.-ish, I decided to call Tracie to see if she wanted to join me and Holly on our Sunday ride. Her phone did not go straight to voicemail so that meant calling was fair game in my book.

Me: Hey Tracie!! What's up?!?!

Tracie
: You, apparently.

Me
: OMG were you aSLEEP?! Sorry! Holly and I want you to come ride with us!!

Tracie
: Um, OK. That would be cool actually.

Me
: What are you supposed to do for a workout today?

Tracie
: The Wente Crit.

Me
: Oh. Well then how is it that you are going to ride with us if you are RACING at 12:30?!?

Tracie
: You asked what I am supposed to do, remember? But I am not going to go race.

Me
: Ohhhhhh. So can you meet us in Lafayette in an hour and a half?!? We can dilly-dally if that would help!!

Tracie
: Please do dilly-dally. I'm still in bed...

********************************

Then tonight, after a day in the saddle with the girls and not enough time to nap, I went to a benefit gala in the city for the American Conservatory Theater (A.C.T.). It was cool, I wore a dress AND makeup AND I successfully followed the instructions in Allure magazine for putting my hair in a snazzy updo! The food was good and so was the company at my table. Oh, and the dress was strapless. After the event, as I waited for my car in the valet area, another gala attendee came up to me:

High-Society Lady: Excuse me, are you the one with the horses all over your back?

Me, doing my best impersonation of a Polite Girl Whose Mother Taught Her Well Excepting the Ink on her Back/Arms
: Why yes, I do have horses on my back.

HSL
: Why?

I was, believe it or not, speechless. I have never received such a one-word interrogation from a stranger before. Oh well - I had looked around the ballroom at the gala and noticed not a single other drop of ink anywhere so I guess I stood out! But maybe I was also speechless because I had just witnessed my friend call his Oldsmobile sedan, which I successfully guessed was inherited from his Grandmother, the "Silver Stallion." And I thought this was just the stuff of movies!

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Dear Girl with Horses on her Back,

aHAHAHA

OK for the record I do NOT remember saying "You, apparently" although in my I-just-awoke-by-phone-call stupor, anything is possible (I've been known to say some fairly silly things in such a state).

Great ride yesterday, that was way fun-ner than the wente crit.

p.s. No pictures of your fancy-ness? What the hell did you buy that camera phone for, anyway??? You could have posted it on your blog with hopes that maybe you-know-who might see it and fall in love with you.

10:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home