[code"> [/code"> Courtenay Brown: ME ME ME again

Monday, September 24, 2007

ME ME ME again

When I was 18, I asked my mom permission to get a tattoo for my 19th birthday. Um. She totally lost it. Worse than I had ever seen her flip out in my whole life, which is saying a lot because as I am sure you can imagine, I was not quite an "angelic" child. So I just waited until I was 22 and was supporting myself, and I got one of my drawings inked onto my shoulder. When she saw it she flipped out again.

By the time of the 4th one her reaction calmed down to just silent disapproving disgust. I'm not sure which is worse actually, the freakout or the glare.

Recently, my brother and my sister both told me they were thinking of getting tattooed and what did I think about their thoughts? Good idea or what?

I said I thought I'd get in big trouble all over again... But if it's something that you would want for life, that you'd be O.K. with loving sometimes and hating other times, go for it.

At that point my sister confessed that she was thinking of getting "something in Elvish" (this was when she was in New Zealand "working on organic farms" - both quotation mark items cracked me up). But don't worry, she is still ink free.



(photo credit: Stephen Weiss)

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger achilles3 said...

LOVE that tat!
Great placement.

I'm getting a lil Latin (By the power of truth I have, while living conqured the universe) all the way down my left leg (hip to ankle) in october...my first piece since I was 19.

tats forever:-)
pun intended

3:29 AM  
Blogger Goodwyf Allie said...

Well--I asked Sal the same thing when I was about 20 (should I?). She said no, and I took her advice. . .but it's SO different comming from a step-mpther (who you love!) rather than a mother. I don't htink I'll ever get a tatoo--but Court, I do love that yours are your own art, and they are beautiful.
A

7:33 AM  
Blogger Courtenay said...

i have wanted a latin tattoo for years. the poem and line have been picked out for years. placement has been picked out for years.

i am hung up on FONT!!!!


ps hi allison!

9:45 AM  
Blogger achilles3 said...

it's taking me forever to find the ONE but I'll have pics up on the blog when I do:-)

6:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home