[code"> [/code"> Courtenay Brown: Hipster

Thursday, September 20, 2007

Hipster

There is a guy I see on my morning commute.

He is about my age I would guess. Rides an old cruiser-type bike, tends to wear hoodies and very patched up jeans. You know, your typical bay area hipster type guy who might take the Ugly-Is-Cool thing a bit too far, after all we are not talking about ugly babies here, but much bigger grown-ups, but I like to think of myself as the tolerant type and the more variety in my day, the better.

BUT, here's where I laugh.

He has been knitting this scarf for like 2 weeks.

It's brown and orange.

The cute part is he's pretty excited about it : "It's my first one!"

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Goodwyf Allie said...

Lots of men knit here in Maine--it's how they make fishing nets I think. Knitting can be very fun and addictive--I'm glad you're tolerant of him. . .maybe he'll knot you something. (I love ugly babies too! Too bad I haven't had any!)

7:29 PM  
Blogger s.on said...

i'll post a picture of my sweater vest that i'm knitting (whenever it's done and when--if ever-- i post again.

10:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home