[code"> [/code"> Courtenay Brown: Back to humdrum ho-hums

Friday, November 16, 2007

Back to humdrum ho-hums

Life's basically back to normal after our Vegas jaunt. I'm doing laundry, talking to the cat, talking to the fish, playing solitaire (with my NEW Silverman playing cards that came in my schwag bag!), and trying to convince people that they want to give me stuff because I am cool and smart and cute and otherwise worthy.

Examples:

1. This morning I spent 30 minutes convincing the local parks and recreation department that they want to give me the job! (meaning: I had a job interview...) I wore a button-down shirt and heels and earrings and everything! They said they'd get back to me.

2. Yesterday I started working on a resume to send to some sneaker companies in an effort to woo a shoe sponsor. This is challenging without photoshop so I am procrastinating till next week.

3. I am "letting" Greg do his own dishes and laundry, which in turn means he will probably "let" me make my own oatmeal (which always tastes terrible) and dinner (yay salad every night?). This is a terrible tactic for getting what I want but I guess boredom is driving me to new lows.


I am also watching too much TV, all of which I find tiresome EXCEPT for The Real Housewives of Orange County. Has anyone else seen this show? It's brilliant! Fake boobs, countless collagen injections, grown women freaking out about all kinds of stuff, kids who are spoiled rotten but still somehow likeable, and days filled to the brim with party planning and self-pampering. Oh and no one can get their me's and I's straight to save their lives. I LOVE this show. And I never in a trillion years want to switch places with any of the characters.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home