[code"> [/code"> Courtenay Brown: Why

Saturday, November 24, 2007

Why

Why am I in tears while living in one of the most beautiful places in the world?

Why did I so readily leave my sweet setup in the Bay Area?

Job-seeking sucks. Especially when seeking a job with tons of asterisks, such as "need lots of time off so I can go race AND go on vacation", "need part-time hours so I can go train", "need to not be on my feet so I can recover", "need to not work for an idiot/bunch of idiots so I don't do and say things we all regret", "need to make enough money to pay the bills", etc.

Also, why did I not opt for the 3-day in-store repair for my Mac, instead choosing the up-to-3-week mail-in repair that cost $40 less?

And why is that when you go online to investigate the "Laptops for $799!" offer, you get directed to this "Customize Your New Laptop!" page that is like "Do you want Your New Laptop to work? Add $150!" and "Do you want to be able to see the screen on Your New Laptop? Add $200!"?!?!?!

Anyway I am still without a computer.

It's severely affecting my blogging, my proofreading, my job-applicationing, my e-baying, my whole freaking life. The frustrating thing is I have hardly even been able to channel my free time into my artwork, partly because I feel uninspired but largely because I used my laptop for my art projects, even the paintings. So basically I am just playing solitaire and watching dog shows and open water swimming on T.V. and (gasp) looking up information in Real Live Books rather than the internet.

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger veloandvino said...

sounds like you need a trip to the East Bay. I kind a remember something about crack pipes, cops, etc.

Hope you had a Happy Thanksgiving!

Congrats again on the Silver Man!

7:54 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

breathe in, breathe out. it has come full circle. you will get out of this and you will be stronger.

11:44 AM  
Blogger Courtenay said...

thanks for the well wishes you guys!!
and sorry for whining.
the good news from all this unemployed downtime is i know a lot more about football!

10:01 AM  
Blogger Courtenay said...

thanks for the well wishes you guys!!
and sorry for whining.
the good news from all this unemployed downtime is i know a lot more about football!

10:01 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I lived in So Lake Tahoe for 6 years, it took a while to find a pace. It was very "seasonal", but eventually I did make some close friends. Best wishes in your stay there.

1:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home