[code"> [/code"> Courtenay Brown: Did You Know...

Friday, November 23, 2007

Did You Know...

...at the Carson City Wal-Mart, one can purchase goldfish, Zimectrin horse de-wormer, and a mani-pedi. Your one stop shop.

...the winner of the 2007 WSOP (World Series of Poker) (which by the way claims to have the biggest winner's purse in all of "sports" at $8.5 million), anyway this year's winner Jerry Yang is a devout Christian. As the dealer was turning over the community cards on an important hand near the finale, Yang and his wife were both chanting "Make me a believer, Lord, in the name of your son Jesus Christ, make me a believer and LET ME WIN." He won. So now kids and aficionados everywhere know that God is the key to an $8.5 million paycheck?

...Wesley Snipes wears a Colnago cycling cap for much of the 1992 film White Men Can't Jump.

...today, despite my best efforts at buying new tires for Greg's uncooperative beast car, paying a tailor to alter a jacket, and buying my Christmas card materials, I was actually foiled on all counts and managed NOT to purchase anything on Black Friday! And further, I am actually tempted to put "hugs and kisses" on my gift wish-list in place of the standard iPod, clothes, and pony.

O.K. that's about it for now. I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving with appropriate amounts of pie, wine, whining, and football!

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

I have never bought into poker being a sport. Does the fact that they show it on ESPN make it a legitimate sport? I don't know.

Enjoy your weekend.

8:22 PM  
Blogger Auffderbach said...

If poker were a "true" sport, wouldn't one be able to bet on it?

9:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home