[code"> [/code"> Courtenay Brown: Santa Monica - Day 2

Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Santa Monica - Day 2

So I am still fully obsessed with Bob, my best little buddy ever. As evidenced by this collage:




(I snuck in a shot of someone who's not Bob... Boys apparently cannot Hula Hoop).

I would have photos from my grand excursion today, except I forgot the camera! After a nice recovery spin this morning, I headed to Helen's Cycles to enlist some help in getting my new Blue set up properly. What a great shop! Super nice and helpful staff, and I am heading back on Thursday evening to make sure the fit is right and to do any necessary fine tuning.

After that I drove to West Hollywood to meet up with Paula, my oldest best friend (meaning, we've known each other since 7th grade, NOT meaning she's 112 years old). We met up to get our hairs cut and to grab lunch. I got lost twice on the way, finally parked and set off on foot for 3 blocks looking for Paula and for Rudy's Barber Shop, thank god for cell phones, finally met up with her, determined that we would go get lunch prior to our appointments at Rudy's, walked over to this pizza place I forget the name of, gossipped and caught up over slices and salads in outdoor seating, watched Usher stroll by and get swarmed by a couple kids, a 20-something chick, and a squat couple in their late 60's, then we went to a coffeeshop for chai lattes and hung out inside the shop so Paula could sing along to Rihanna and Beyonce and other R&B songs I couldn't identify, walked back towards Rudy's, which I still had not seen or verified the existence of, then I finally saw that I had parked my car literally right in front of the entrance... Giving Paula teasing fodder (as if she needs any more!!). Oh and we got our hair cut too.

It was great!

OK now Greg and I are going to watch 'No Country for Old Men', I am hoping I don't not like it.


UPDATE: I CANNOT DEAL with this MOVIE!! god. Blood is EVERYWHERE. And just when I thought it had to be nearly over since pretty much everyone is dead, I hear that there are STILL another FORTY MINUTES to endure!

Of course it's night time here right now so I am too scared to go off by myself somewhere and let Greg watch it by himself. Fuck. This sucks.

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

I am so jealous of your week in the sun and outdoors that I'm living vicariously through both of you, reading every post and soaking it all up. :)

I really want to see No Country for Old Men! Hope you like it.

9:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Usher and no camera?! GIRL! You should be ashamed! HA, just kidding. I like the pic's of Bob better anyway... OH! and of course hula-hoop boy.

Thanks for the warning on the movie. Blood and guts are not my pick.

Have a good one!

3:14 AM  
Blogger Marit C-L said...

Ha ha - had to laugh.... you and Bob look great! Greg on the other hand looks as though he's working really really hard. Sounds like a fun day in Hollywood - most excellent. Sorry about the movie. That pretty much sucks. Thanks for the heads up - one more that I won't have to endure during my recovery.

Happy training!

8:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I loved the movie - there's a reason why it won Best Picture for this past year.

Just like pimping, hulla-hooping ain't easy! seriously.

8:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Boys can't hula hoop they just can't move their hips that way, I think it has to be proved scientifically somewhere.

USHER AND NO CAMERA!!! sooo sad! But then I prefer triathlon/thriathlete photos, still... tisk.

I could have told you that movie was bad. I heard it was just depressing and not worth seeing. Therefore I haven't.

I want warm weather.

10:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home